Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Just a little guy



Today Tay had his one year check up. He weighed a whopping 17lbs. 4oz. he is in the 0.47 percentile! when I first looked at the paper I thought it said 47% but no, it is 0.47% I can't believe he is so little. The pediatrician told me to start trying to make him gain weight by giving him chocolate milk, lots of peanut butter and butter on his bread, and lots of pasta. He wants me to get him to 20lbs so he can go in a front facing car seat...... ummm yeah, I didn't tell him that I kind of already put him in one. Oops. Anyway, we will see what we can do to chunk him up a little so Micah will stop worrying that his boy is going turn out to be as small as Shaun (sorry Shaun).

Oh yeah and I just had to add the Tay is finally sleeping through the night! (knock on wood) No more horrible nights where he is up all night and we are both crying because I am exhausted and have no one to hand him over to. The day he turned one was the first night in a year that I have got to sleep all the way through the night. Every morning I wake up and look at the clock and it's 7:30. He did it YAY!

8 comments:

Tina said...

Yeah he does look pretty scrawny (no idea how to spell that) in those pics...but still really cute! Looks like he's walking good with that toy, hopefully he'll be on his own soon. He has two months and then I'll start making fun of him like you did Nathan. Just kidding, he is a lot smaller than Nathan was. Anyway I'm sure he'll love the new foods to help him gain weight!!

Nate and Suzanne said...

Now it sounds like you are ready for another one... It is so great when they are finally sleeping through the night.... Hope everything is going well and not much longer till you will finally has some help he will come home when everything seems easy...

Andrea said...

My sister's doctor told her the same thing with her first baby. Seems sort of funny to fatten up healthy kids when the percentages are probably skewed by all the overweight kids out there. The doctor will probably tell me the same thing when I take Jonas in in a few weeks.

Nicole said...

Don't worry Julie for some reason Malachi is a little guy too. He is 16 months and only 20 pounds. He is only in the 10th pencentile which is weird for us because the girls were always in like the 95th pencentile. I'm sure they'll catch up one day.

Sarah Bogh said...

i think its funny they told you to fatten him up, gracie was the same weight and not on the charts either when she turned one but the Dr. just didn't really worry, maybe its the boy-girl difference. :) i'm glad for you that Tay is sleeping through the night, it makes me a little worried to have a boy because it seems like thats kind of a boy thing to not sleep through the night very early. gracie was by three months so i wonder how Payten will be.....

Jd & Katie said...

Yeah I know how that goes I took john in to his 9 month checkup and he only weighed 14lbs 8 oz. So I am pretty sure they will tell me the same thing also. Your kids are cute too!

Crystal said...

I'm so happy he's sleeping through the night! Fin just did it too! I hope Tay keeps sleeping like a champ so you can sleep. It makes all the difference. I had a cousin that had a hard time gaining weight as a toddler and they gave her chocolate milk and that did the trick pretty fast. He may be small but he's so dang cute!

Shelly & Danny said...

Holy Cow! My 3 month old weighs 17 lbs! I bet it's fun to have a baby stay little for a while. I have no idea, my kids look like linebackers 2 weeks after they are born. He's very cute though!